So, this is obviously quite an unusual sort of post for my blog today – however, I felt like doing something different. I think I would like to start including posts related to my other hobbies and things that I enjoy, more ‘lifestyle’ kind of posts and maybe some more cooking/baking ones too. I’d like to mix it up a bit :) Having said that, I would love to know what my readers think about this so please please please let me know in the comments!
Now, onto the yummy stuff!
This recipe will serve two people as a snack or side dish, however you may want to double the amounts if this is going to be a whole meal. It’s pretty simple, but super tasty!
> 1 large or 2 medium sized potatoes – I love ones with red skin!
> About a cup full of a cheese you like, grated (use more/less according to taste). I have just used cheddar here.
> Table salt
> Sauce to dip (optional)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
2. After washing your potatoes, cut them into slices about 5mm (or 1/5 of an inch) wide. Spread them out on a microwaveable plate and cook on full power for about 8 minutes (this is for my 800W microwave, so you will need to adjust this time according to yours).
3. Sprinkle a baking tray with table salt – this will give your potatoes more of a taste as well as making them a little crunchier around the edges.
4. Once you have finished microwaving the potato slices, transfer them onto your salted baking tray. Sprinkle them with cheese. You could also add other topping such as chopped ham but I have just used cheese.
5. Put them in the oven for 5-10 minutes until the cheese is bubbling. Then, put them on your plate and enjoy!
They taste really great with dipping sauces, my favourites for these being BBQ and sour cream! Yum :)
Let me know if you have enjoyed this post and would like to see more!